Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Do List

"Life is not one big to-do list."

-Val, Houtson TX


This is a big one! We are not living a big to-do list. We can not live life that way. So many people do though. They have their whole day or life planned out. They don't leave any room for unplanned events. This is not positive thinking, and it actually can cause a decent amount of stress on a person for trying to always accomplish that something by a deadline. We should not put such drastic expectations on ourselves. There should be plenty of flexibility in our lives. We must make time for fun. We can't always stick to our to-do lists.

Don't get me wrong, it is good to be proactive and strive to achieve our goals. But all within reason. I will use myself as an example. I am a stay at home mom, so during my average day I work on keeping our home clean. Sometimes it can be challenging to keep up with. I have a young baby so my time is very limited. Sometimes I will get disappointed in how much I can accomplish. But then I just stop and think how thankful I am to be able to be home with him and spend the time with him. I love being at home. I love my role of "housewife and mother." I always try to keep a positive attitude. I just strive to accomplish a little bit every day. I just do what I can, or what I feel capable of. I don't allow myself to get worked up over something so petty. I also make time for myself. You have to remember to take time for yourself if you want to have a healthy stress level. I take time at least five days a week to exercise. This is something that is good for me and it is helping me get back in shape after my pregnancy. Other things I do to take time out for myself would include reading a good book, taking a nice long shower, talking to a good friend on the phone, or even writing in this blog. There are unlimited things you can do for yourself.

Life should not be on a strict schedule. Life is not a big to-do list. Don't be upset if everything doesn't always work out the way you planned. Trust that life will happen the way it should. Make time for yourself when you need to. Enjoy each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment