Monday, August 23, 2010

The Longer I Live

"The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes."

-Frank Lloyd Wright


And what a beautiful quote. But isn't it the truth? It seems like now that I am older I appreciate the Earth more. All of the wonders such as the oceans and all of their creatures, the trees and the plants, all the different animal species, the different seasons, everything this earth has to offer is just so beautiful. Nature is such a wonderful gift. It is something we can enjoy everyday. Every time I see the mountains out here I look at them in amazement, living in Colorado has been such a wonderful experience. The mountains are just so beautiful. But I also love going back to Michigan to see all the green! Green everything, plants and trees, there is just so much life. And the woods and the lakes. A whole different kind of beauty. The last time I was in Michigan I had to stop and listen and just appreciate what I was hearing. It was so neat to hear again, it had been so long. It was the wind blowing through the leaves of the trees. I couldn't remember how long it had been since I had heard the wind blowing through the trees. And I just loved it. But isn't that kind of sad? It had been so long since I had actually been able to observe nature in that way. When I lived there I took that for granted, never even thought twice about it. But now that I don't hear it, how beautiful it is when I do. But now I have different things of nature to appreciate such as the Rocky Mountains which are wooded and are usually accompanied by streams flowing along them. Very beautiful as well. And the sunsets! I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful sunsets. When the sun sets here, it drops right down into the mountains. So amazing beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. But I do agree with the quote from the beginning. Life does get more beautiful with age. I think as we get older we learn to appreciate things more. I think we also realize that life is fleeting. We tend to look at things different. I know I do. I can't believe that I am almost twenty-five years old. Now of course I know that isn't old at all.... but for me!? I don't feel twenty-five years old. Where has all that time gone? Has is really been six years since I graduated high school? I've been married and divorced. And I presently have a family, I have a son now. Amazing. Amazing how fast life comes and goes. Hard to believe sometimes. And then it just makes me wonder. How does my mom feel about where she is in life? How does my grandpa view the world? Or others for that matter. We can only imagine until we get there, to that age.

Well hopefully, life is beautiful to you and hopefully you can appreciate everything this world has to offer. Don't take it for granted, who knows how long it will be there, or even how long you will be here. Life is a wonderful experience we should treasure everyday as well as enjoy and appreciate the many gifts we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment