Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Big Deal

Ask yourself - "Is it really a big deal?" To be frank so many times, in so many instances we tend to overreact about our problem or situation. We are so used to reacting to situations based on what we have been taught. We have been taught by society that we are supposed to react a certain way when something happens.

Many times we react before we can even stop and really think about the issue and ask ourselves "Is this really a big deal?" "Is this something worth getting upset over?" "Is this really what I want to spend my energy on, let alone time?" If it really is an important issue, by all means feel the emotion and make it worth your while. But if its really not that big of a deal, then just let it go. This is something I have really been trying to practice lately. And it has been making a difference in my life. I am really starting to notice when I dwell on a subject that isn't positive how much stress it causes me. Then I notice how I feel when I am in those situations, and it isn't good. And I can see the effects in my complexion as well. I can see direct results not only in my life, but my body as well depending on how I am feeling.

So lately I have really been thinking in my mind when something is bothering me. I think to myself "Is this really what I want to be thinking about? Is this really a big deal?" And you know sometimes I will think about the issue for just a few minutes and I will say, "This isn't really that big of a deal. Get over it!" And I move on and forget about it. Other times I will think about an issue for hours and still be infuriated or upset about the issue, and at that moment it is a big deal. And then after a few hours I feel differently about the issue and move on from there. And then there are times when something will bother you for a really long time. And those are the times when you feel bad, you are stressed out, even depressed. Those are the moments when nothing can change what you are feeling. Only when you are ready will things change for you. Everything depends on your attitude and how you choose to deal with your situation. What are you choosing to think about? Are you focusing on the bad? Or are you looking at the good in every person or situation? The answers to these questions are what will affect your reality. What are you choosing to focus on? Ask yourself "Is this really a big deal?"

You will start to notice how many choice you have, and in time you will find yourself letting a lot of things go. Its just not worth it to dwell on something and let it bother you. You will feel so much better if you learn to let things go, or deal with them in a more positive manner. I tell myself in my head "So what? Big Deal. Get over it!" And when you can move on, you feel that much better. There are so many other topics or positive ideas that you can be thinking about instead. You choose what you think about. Make the choices and change your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment