Monday, October 18, 2010

Affirmations

I recently watched a movie that I rented from my local library. It was called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise L. Hay. And I personally recommend this to anyone who is striving to better their lives. Anyone who believes in positive thinking, Law of Attraction, or creating their own world.

Louise L. Hay was one of the founders of the whole positive thinking movement. She is an inspiration to many and even uses her own life as an example. She has encouraged me with many of her great ideas. One that I particularly like and thought I would continue to share was her consistent use of Affirmations. Affirmations are basically just little saying that you say to yourself on a regular basis that make you feel good. You can do or say them at any time of the day, whenever you remember or find convenient. She recommends saying them to yourself everyday while looking in the mirror.

Another good example she had was writing the affirmations on post it notes and sticking them on your mirror or around the house where you will see them. Some of these affirmations that she suggests would include: "I love and accept myself just the way I am," "I am perfect just the way I am," "Only good lies before me," or "I see the beauty in my surroundings and I radiate joy and love." She has so many, and for all different topics.  I copied and pasted the links off of her page. Go ahead and take a look at some of the categories that you may be interested. Write some of those affirmations down on some post-its and put them around your house. See if they will make a difference in your mood and feelings.


Here is a list of affirmation topics:


Click on a selected title topic for a list of example affirmations relating to that topic.

Affirmations for Love 

Affirmations for Joy 

Affirmations for Health 

Affirmations for relationships 

Affirmations for Prosperity

 Affirmations for Career

Affirmations for Forgiveness

 Affirmations for Letting Go (releasing)


Affirmations are a great way to do positive thinking, and to feel better about ourselves and our surroundings. Ppositive thoughts bring about more positive things, so the more we are feeling good, the more "good" will come into our lives. Practice affirmations in your life and see what good it can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment