Saturday, January 07, 2012

Celebrate the Good

"Celebrate what you want to see more of."

-Tom Peters


This world is filled with so many options. There are so many things to notice, and appreciate. There are also plenty of things that happen that we don't enjoy. There is so much stimuli that it can be hard sometimes not to notice what is going on around us. Sometimes we have to learn to tune out some of life's distractions. We can choose what we focus on and the most important function for us is joy. When we are focused on our own happiness in life then we can truly enjoy what life has to offer.

The quote says to celebrate what you want to see more of. This is such an obvious and simple statement, but it holds true to our reality. So many times it is easy to get caught up in the things that bother us. Something catches our attention and then we feel sad or angry about the circumstances. When we get angry or upset it is so easy to continue thinking about the problems or even start talking about it. But in doing so we are only focusing on the bad, and the Law of Attraction falls into place. Whatever we are thinking about we are attracting more into our lives. One great example is watching the news. I do not enjoy watching the news because of all the sad and terrible stories. Some of the stories are so sad that they are hard to forget, while others make you so mad you get riled up thinking about it. If it doesn't make you feel good doing it, then it is time to make a change. I purposely avoid the news. There is nothing that I need to recognize on a daily basis that will help my existence. There are TV shows, movies, and music that are the same way. And there are plenty of other daily circumstances that can help or hurt our personal situations.

A lot of times people get upset with their spouses, family members and friends and they start to focus on the small annoying habits rather than all the good that the person has to offer. And this is usually why people break off relationships. They start focusing on all the annoying little habits and they get upset, and after time they forget all the good things the person has to offer."Well he leaves his socks on the floor. Well she is a procrastinator. My kids are always on their phones. My neighbor is a slob. My boss always shows up late. My mom is always in my business. My dad doesn't like my friends." And so on and so on. There are always going to be habits and improvement areas. No one is perfect, and we all have our little quirks. Instead of focusing on the problems, turn the situation around and think of all the good things that person does. "Well he does leave the socks on the floor, but he is great at doing helping around the house. She may procrastinate but she has a great memory. My kids are always on the phone but they always get their homework done and keep their rooms clean. My neighbor may have a messy yard, but they have always been there to lend a hand and help out when needed. My boss may come in late, but he does let me have the time off I need too. My mom may always be in my business but she always means the best and just wants to be involoved. And my dad may not like my friends but he has always been there when I needed him." There will always be ups and downs in all situations and with all sorts of people. But it is when we learn to focus on the good then we will become more satisfied with life and the relationships we have in it.

It's easy to see the things we don't like. It's easy to pick out and notice all the things we don't agree with. But it is time to change our thinking. It is time to celebrate the things we love to see. If we celebrate what we would love to see more of, then by the Law of Attraction we are attracting more wonderful things into our lives. If you start to notice the things you don't like, then catch yourself in the moment and change your thinking around. It's a good habit to get into. Change the bad into good. Celebrate what you want to see more of!



No comments:

Post a Comment