Thursday, October 21, 2010

Make Peace

I am currently reading another book right now, and there have been some really encouraging and uplifting thoughts in it, one of which moved me recently. The book is called "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent - Living the Art of Allowing" and it is written by Esther and Jerry Hicks (The teachings of Abraham). They actually have a series of books which I also personally recommend. I am actually on my third book, which I am really enjoying. The books are all about the power of the mind, the Law of Attraction, our emotions, and creating our own reality. Well, not only is that good enough to read about in a book, but the books are all "channeled" by a collective group of spirits who call themselves "Abraham." Very cool. If you are not familiar with what channelling is, it is basically communicating with spirits.

Well they made a statement in this last book that I wanted to share. It was pretty simple but had a lot of meaning to me. This was it:


"Make peace with where you are on every subject in life,
 understanding that from there you can go anywhere you choose."

-Abraham


You know at first, I just wrote the quote down and thought to myself, "Oh how nice." But then something happened. And I got myself into a little rut. I was being so negative about a lot of subjects. I was in a mood, and I felt a lot of pessimistic emotions. I just couldn't get my mind off nonconstructive thoughts. This went on for two or three days. I don't know why I let all the little things get to me, but for some reason I did and I was just thinking of all these terrible things and really picking out the negative things in many situations. And it didn't feel good. And that is where our emotions come in. They tell us when we are off our path and need to make a change. From there you can choose to listen and make the change, or you can keep thinking those bad thoughts. So, I'm in this rut of just being grouchy and cynical and I'm still reading my book trying to see if it helps. Well I came across that quote again that I wrote down in my notebook. It says, "Make peace with where you are on every subject in life, understanding that from there you can go anywhere you choose." And I guess those words just finally hit me. And I read them again. "Make peace with where you are on every subject in life, understanding that from there you can go anywhere you choose." And I really started to think about it, and what it meant. So I decided right there, that was what I needed to do. Every subject. Why was I so upset or angry about it? Was is really that big of a deal? Why am I wasting my time like this? I continued thinking. "Who cares? Who cares? Really. Get over it and move on." And I did. Instead of looking at all the mistakes, faults, or imperfections I started looking for the good in everything. Everything. There is some good in everything, it just depends what we choose to look at and believe. And I did. And it felt so good. I felt relief. I felt happy. Truly happy. And I started enjoying life again. And I have had the best last two days. Just everything has seemed to go right, and go my way. Almost as if someone was reading my mind. Imagine that...

I believe it. I believe that our thoughts matter, and that they make a difference. We create our world. Is it heaven or hell for you? What do you choose to think about? Create the life you want. Change your thoughts, and change your life.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really great quote and it makes lot of sense. I will keep that in mind and incorporate it. :)

    ReplyDelete